At Calvary we are passionate to see the next generation raised up for Christ.
During our Sunday morning service we run Children’s Church for school years 1-6, a creche for children ages 1-school year R and a youth Bible study for school years 7-11.
Our enthusiastic team will play, sing and look after your child. Time is spent in structured activities as well as time in a soft play area.
School years 1-6
Lessons are themed and include fun, games and teaching the Bible. Each child often receives their own colourful worksheets and crafts, and parents are encouraged to talk to their children about the Bible lesson. Parents are also given information at the beginning of each new series about what their child will be learning and how to best engage them at home.
Classes are split into age group.
Youth Bible Study
When children enter year 7 we like to graduate them from the Children’s Church and move them into the youth meeting. Click here for more information about our youth meetings
Safeguarding and Child Protection
We take the welfare of your child seriously. Therefore we have put in place a number of measures to ensure your child remains safe and that they enjoy their time with us on a Sunday morning:
- We are members of CCPAS
- We have two designated safeguarding officers and they can be contacted here
- All of our children and youth workers are checked against the national Disclosure and Barring Service.
- All of our children and youth workers undertake regular child protection training from CCPAS as well as in-house training.
- Badges are issued to every parent and child that signs in so that they can be easily identified. Children must be collected using the number badges
- All of our children workers can be easily identified each week because they will be wearing a bright red t-shirt.