Covid 19 Update – August
For those who were unable to meet online this week here is a summary of our discussion:
We are so much looking forward to welcoming you back to Calvary. We can’t wait (but we have to).
Here are the plans:
- Towards the end of September we are hoping to start a Friday evening service at the School. This will essentially be an open recording session where we will record the service and stream it on Sunday morning via live.calvarysoton.co.uk (as we have been doing).
- Here are some things that you need to be aware of:
- Booking seats is required. We will let you know when you can do this.
- For the purpose of NHS Test and Trace, attendance records will be kept for 21 days. You do not consent to this please do not attend.
- Attendance is limited to 30 people (including staff & children)
- There will be no children’s church
- There will be no tea/coffee served
- Doors open at 6:45 pm and close at 6:55 pm. Latecomers will not be permitted to enter the building.
- There will be no congregational singing but worship will be lead from behind a perspex screen.
- The bible preaching will be lead from behind a perspex screen
- At the end of the service, people will be asked to leave the building straight away.
- All of the usual distancing guidelines apply. Attendees will:
- keep 2 metres apart at all times, unless in a bubble.
- sanitise hands on entry and exit (sanitiser will be provided)
- seat in allocated seats
- wipe down seats after use (sanitiser wipes will be provided)
- wearing face mask
- have forehead temperature checked on entry.
- bring their own Bible. Church bibles will not be available to use
- follow the one way system
We want to make Calvary the safest place in Southampton so please bear with us! Please do let us know if you can help with set up and pack down – there’s a lot to do and any spare hands are helpful!