- This event has passed.
MYTH #3: Christians are just good people
15/10/2017 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Coming up on 31 October is the 500th anniversary of when Martin Luther famously posted his 95 Theses on the door of a church in Wittenberg, Germany, formally beginning the Protestant Reformation. Because this is such a monumental event in the life of the Church, starting 1 October, we’ve decided to dedicate some time to the 5 Solas the Protestant Reformation. These are:
- Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
- Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
- Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
- Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
- Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.
These are pillars of the Christian faith. However, we didn’t want to just talk theology so instead we’ve decided to use the 5 solas to teach about 5 common myths that many people have of Christianity:
- The Bible can’t be trusted
- So long as I do good things God will accept me
- Christians are just good people
- Jesus isn’t all Christians claim Him to be
- Christianity is just another man made religion
You are welcome to come and listen to our talks and join our conversation.