Last year our much loved Maria & Jorge moved back to their home in Guatemala to continue their missions work. “Hands of Hope” or “Manos de Esperanza” in Spanish, is an initiative started in 2010 and the goal has always been to share the love of God through his Gospel and by helping those in need. Initially started to respond to a number of natural disasters that faced the area, in 2015 Maria started a clinic that has been part of Manos de Esperanza giving free or low cost medical consultations and medicine to those in need. In 2022 the goal is to go big with this program and to include as many people they can.
Although the clinic is the main project, they are also actively providing food and clothing for people in need in the rural area, sharing the gospel with students who come to volunteer and creating a network of other professionals to start projects int he future such as infrastructure improvement in some communities.
Their vision is based on Isaiah 58:6-10:
6“Is not this the fast that I choose:
to loose the bonds of wickedness,
to undo the straps of the yoke,
to let the oppressed[a] go free,
and to break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your bread with the hungry
and bring the homeless poor into your house;
when you see the naked, to cover him,
and not to hide yourself from your own flesh?
8 Then shall your light break forth like the dawn,
and your healing shall spring up speedily;
your righteousness shall go before you;
the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
9 Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’
If you take away the yoke from your midst,
the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
10 if you pour yourself out for the hungry
and satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
then shall your light rise in the darkness
and your gloom be as the noonday.
How can you help?
Praying for the Projects:
- for the Lord to provide more volunteers and that He touches the hearts of the doctors that we have on our list to be part of this initiative, giving us a good price for their consultation.
- For provision for the medicines and the resources we need at the clinic and to continue helping the communities.
- For more strategies so we can reach more people
Donating to the Projects:
For now Maria is funding all the services at the clinic
- They need some funds to be able to expand the services and to pay medicines and the consultations with other doctors
- For the food, cloths and other goods we receive donations occasionally from people and other organizations, however we would like to reach more people
- If you feel led to give financially please Linda and she will be able to give you the bank details