Covid 19 update – June
This weeks announcement by the Government about the lifting of restrictions on churches has no doubt filled some of you with delight and some of you with anxiety. Our Church leaders are meeting to pray and discuss the next steps and so the main thing we want to ask you to do is pray for wisdom as we evaluable the government’s guidance. We’re getting some great guidance from FIEC and EA, Simon is also hosting a weekly pastors prayer meeting (and has been since March), and some good discussions are taking place there.
Here’s our June update and some things you can specifically pray into:
- Sunday morning services will continue online for the foreseeable future at live.calvarysoton.co.uk – please share this link widely on social media.
- Virtual Life Groups will continue online via Zoom and I can’t encourage you enough to get involved in one of these.
- Virtual Men’s Bible Study and Women’s Bible Study will still be meeting online.
- Given the opportunity from the government, we will look at opportunities to socially gather in outdoor places but at the moment this is still restricted to 6 people. However, we are now allowed to meet one other household in our homes. If you can maintain a safe environment we’d encourage you to do this AND / OR meet up in a public place like a park
- We will continue the decentralisation of pastoral care to the wider leadership team but if you have any specific pastoral needs please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Tea and Chat will discontinue from Friday 5th July (that will be our last one). This was only ever a “stop-gap” before restrictions eased and they have so this will be the final meeting. We’re planning something fun so please do come along and bring the family.
We’re will praying and listening for the Holy Spirit to lead us and we covet your prayers. Watch our for a July update coming in the next few weeks