I’ve been getting a lot of people ask us about our Family Fun Day that is coming up on Sunday 27th March and why we’re doing something that is totally free. Indeed, our Facebook event has now reached nearly 9000 people! So, here’s my take one what we’re doing and why we’re doing it.
As a Christian I believe in these central things:
1. Humankind is separated from God because of our sin.
2. The result of sin is a feeling of emptiness, dissatisfaction and strife.
3. God loves us in spite of our unwillingness to love Him back
4. The evidence of His love is that He sent His own Son to pay the penalty for our sin and exchange His life for ours.
5. This is completely free and unearned. We don’t have to impress God because He knows all about us!
6. This frees us to come to God, turn from our sin and enjoy life with Him.
Speaking of knowing God, God said “Is anyone thirsty? Come and drink–even if you have no money! Come, take your choice of wine or milk–it’s all free!” (Isaiah 55:1)
So, we’re not charging you! Just come and enjoy our company. We want you to know that, by God’s grace, we love you we would like you help you start a journey towards knowing God too.