Life Group Notes for Sunday 24 January – Malachi 2:10-16
Big Idea of the Message: God loves his covenant with his people, and believers are called to reflect this in their faithfulness to Him and each other.
- What is one thing that stood out to you from this week’s message?
- Verses 10-12 point out that our relationship with God has an effect on our relationship with each other – and vice versa.
- What flawed cultural ideas about our relationships might you need to challenge in light of this text?
- Verses 13-16 points out that God delights in faithfulness
- How is marriage a reflection of God’s love and commitment to his people?
- Why is it important to reconcile with another Christian you’ve fallen out with before worshipping God?
- How does our behaviour in marriage reflect our relationship with God?
- If you are married, what have you done to intentionally honour your covenant with your spouse in the last month?
- If you are not married, what temptations do you face that challenge the covenant of marriage? How can community help you in those areas?
- How can we pray for you?