As we prepare to return to in-person Sunday worship – we can’t wait! – we’ve needed to make some changes to the Family Ministry. In keeping with our desire to be one of the safest places to be, please see the guidance below. In particular, please familiarise yourself with “what we need the children to do.”
If anything isn’t clear, please by all means drop us a line.
Overview of Family Ministry Process
- Children’s Church is available for children in school years 1-6, or aged 5-11.
- Younger children are welcome to sit in the creche area of the main hall, but parents will need to have booked their seat in advance.
- At 10:20, children will be welcomed into the classroom from the marquee waiting area. Parents may accompany their child to the classroom if needed.
- The children’s ministry will last for the whole duration of the service.
- At the end of the service, parents will be asked to go and collect their children while the other adults leave the hall.
- Parents and children will then immediately exit the premises through the hall, maintaining social distancing at all times.
What we will do
- Ensure facilities are clean, sanitary and safe for use.
- Ensure seating is 1m plus between sibling groups
- Ensure the classroom is well ventilated.
- Maintain 1m plus between staff and children
- Provide hand sanitiser for use on entry, and exit
- Provide handouts that have been treated in a sanitary way. Note that no stationary or refreshments will be provided.
What we need the children to do
- Be able to sit for one hour
- Be able to take themselves to the toilet (or with an older sibling if present)
- Be comfortable without a parent present
- Have their own water bottle, Bible and pens for writing and colouring.
- Please, no eating
- Have suitable clothing (windows will be open to ensure optimal ventilation).